**Free delivery on orders over £60**

Drain Unblocker

Drain Unblocker Rods For Interceptor Chambers

Drain unblocking rods come in many different shapes and sizes. This is because drainage systems differ from property to property. Thus, the rods that are suitable for your property may not be suitable for another person’s home. Below, we are going to take a look at drainage rods for interceptor chambers in particular.

Interceptor chambers are fairly common in older properties, and they can be more difficult to unblock. These chambers are usually situated in rectangle manholes with brick sides. In most cases, the interceptor chamber is the final chamber prior to the drain meeting the main sewer. The higher pipe tends to have a lid on it and it is merely utilised for the purpose of emptying the manhole if there is a blockage in the U-bend. The U-bend is the lower pipe, which is continually filled with water and prevents odours from coming back up from the sewer. So, how do you deal with a blockage that has formed in an interceptor chamber? Well, you will need to find the higher pipe’s cover, after which you should pull the lid. The waste will then drain from the manhole. Use the drain rods to unblock the bottom drain once that is clear, and then replace the cover. As you are dealing with a U-bend, you need to buy drain rods with the flexibility to handle this, such as spring-coiled rods. Other types of rods may get stuck.

It does not matter whether you have an interceptor chamber or a completely different type of drainage system, we have the drain unblocking rods you need at Bailey Supplies. And, if you cannot find what you are looking for, our friendly and professional team will be more than happy to point you in the right direction. Discover more at https://www.baileysupplies.co.uk/.